Exporting your Vulnerability Instances
Report results are immediately displayed on the report page after the report is run. The format of the results varies by how the results are grouped. For instance you may group by "Asset Group", "Asset", "Vulnerability", or "Vulnerability Instance". In the future we will provide even further grouping such as "Applications", "Technology", "Site", or other custom groupings.
You can download the data from any of these reports as a PDF or CSV. It is important to note that no matter what grouping we display in the User Interface the export will always default to the data model shown for the Group By Vulnerability Instances view. In the future we will support exporting your Asset Groups, Assets, and Vulnerabilities.
Download Report Results Manually
Report results can be downloaded from Unified VRM in PDF or CSV formats.
- From a report results display, click the Download button.
- Select the format you want:
- A dialogue message appears, letting you know that you’ll be notified via email when the results are ready.
- We follow this asynchronous process to account for potentially large exports of data which could include millions of vulnerability instances depending on your specific filter and network data. Otherwise, clients may experience network timeout issues or other user experience issues.
- You will receive an email at the address on your account. Click the link in the email to download your results. Note that you must be logged into Unified VRM to download the results.
Download Report Using the API
NopSec will deploy a new bulk export API in Q3 2022. This API will allow you to provide a filter to perform the initial query similar to the User Interface and download the same CSV format provided by the User Interface as mentioned in the Manual Download.
The Vulnerability Instances Bulk Export API will create a job, allow you to check the status of that job, and allow you to download the CSV files asynchronously to account for the size of export and network connections.
All API documentation is located at https://developer.nopsec.com .
Our roadmap will continue to deliver new APIs for bulk export and general API interfaces to perform queries and actions on your data.