If you would like to bulk assign tags to infrastructure assets in order for you to quickly query or filter your data to specific assets based on those tags, you may do so by uploading a custom CSV file.
Note: In the near future Q4 2022, NopSec aims to provide users with both a Self-Service User Interface to manage bulk assignments for tags and groups and new API endpoints for customers to use.
The 'INFRASTRUCTURE ASSET TAGS UPLOAD' feature allows you to ingest asset tag information into Unified VRM. This allows for custom groupings of data to be represented in Unified VRM's metrics module, e.g. in the creation of a 'Business Line Summary' metric. This increases visibility into critical departments within one's organization.
Before You Begin:
To complete this QuickStart, you'll need to have:
- Unified VRM Manage and Edit privileges
- A completed inf_asset_tag_upload_template.csv file
1. Download and fill out the inf_asset_tag_upload_template.csv, providing the CIDR, tag name, and tag value, following the same horizontal pattern found in the template for the tags you'd like to ingest
2. In Unified VRM, navigate to the "INTEGRATE" module
3. Click the 'TAG MANAGEMENT' tab
4. Click 'Browse Computer' and upload the completed .csv
You will now be able to bulk assign tags to assets following these steps.
If you're interested in bulk assigning assets to groups you can follow this tutorial; How to Bulk Assign Assets to Groups.
If you're interested in bulk assigning tags to web application assets you can follow this tutorial;
How to Bulk Assign Tags to Applications.
If you run into any issues please submit a help ticket or contact email@example.com.