If you would like to bulk assign a set of Assets to Groups in order for you to quickly query or filter your data to specific assets based on those groups, you may do so by uploading a custom CSV file.
Note: In the near future Q4 2022, NopSec aims to provide users with both a Self-Service User Interface to manage bulk assignments for tags and groups and new API endpoints for customers to use.
The 'Bulk Assign Assets to Asset Groups' feature allows Unified VRM users to mass assign their assets via CIDR to various asset groups via CSV upload.
Before You Begin:
To complete this QuickStart, you'll need to have:
- Unified VRM Manage and Edit privileges
In order to assign a range of assets to asset groups, the following steps must be taken:
1. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request that you'd like to be able to Bulk Assign Assets to Asset Groups
2. Download and fill out the bulk_assign_assets_to_asset_groups_template.csv, providing the CIDR, tag name, and tag value, following the same horizontal pattern found in the template for the tags you'd like to ingest.
If one were to ingest the sample data in the template, the CIDR, 18.104.22.168/24, would be assigned to the asset groups named dept:IT, and sub-dept:Developers.
3. In Unified VRM, navigate to the "INTEGRATE" module
4. Click the 'TAG MANAGEMENT' tab
5. Click 'Browse Computer' and upload the completed .csv
For more info on setting up RBAC to determine which users can access which asset groups, refer to this article.
You will now be able to bulk assign Assets to Groups following these steps.
If you're interested in bulk assigning tags to infrastructure assets you can follow this tutorial; How to Bulk Assign Tags to Assets.
If you're interested in bulk assigning tags to web application assets you can follow this tutorial;
If you run into any issues please submit a help ticket or contact email@example.com.